State Fund offers California employers free seminars to help them protect their employees and keep their workplaces safe. We encourage you to share this information with your clients—you are also welcome to attend.
The upcoming seminars, which run through August, will cover accident prevention plans and heat illness prevention, and can help employers comply with Cal/OSHA requirements for those regulations. In the fourth quarter, State Fund will partner with Homeland Security to offer active shooter seminars.
The Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) seminars train employers how to develop and implement an effective Injury and Illness Prevention Program for their workplace and also include:
- How to identify and solve common health and safety problems in their workplace.
- Steps for investigating work-related accidents, injuries, and illnesses when they occur.
- Ways to involve their employees in the safety program.
Injury and Illness Prevention Program Seminar (IIPP) Locations and Dates:
- Oxnard, CA – Tuesday, July 31, 2018
- Eureka, CA – Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- Redding, CA – Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- San Diego, CA – Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Fresno, CA – Thursday, August 16, 2018
- San Jose, CA – Wednesday, August 29, 2018
The Heat Illness Prevention seminars will cover the mandatory Cal/OSHA standards related to protecting outdoor workers from heat illness and will include:
- How to recognize and prevent heat illness.
- Understanding and complying with Cal/OSHA standards and training requirements.
- How to use this information to create or update your company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
Heat Illness Prevention Seminar Locations and Dates:
- Redding, CA – Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- Oxnard, CA – Thursday, August 9, 2018
- Santa Ana, CA – Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Salinas, CA – Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- San Jose, CA – Thursday, August 23, 2018
- Fresno, CA – Tuesday, August 28, 2018
You may register for these seminars online.